Renaissance Chancery Court says goodbye to Marriott - re-flagged in June

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by stuartfla, Mar 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    Attempted to book a stay in June and a popup saying the RCC will not be a part of Marriott beginning June 11. Quite sad as this happens to my preferred property in London. The staff, lounge, hotel character, favorite rooms, location, did I mention the staff - certainly a loss for Marriott.

Anyone have word on whose gain?

2. hhoope01
    Original Member

hhoope01 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actually that is a very good question. Of the big hotel chains, Marriott has had the best variety and coverage of hotels for London. But Starwood has been making a move toward increasing their presence, with the W London recently opening and some other new hotels listed as in the works. But even so, they still lag behind Marriott here. But if the RCC were to be rebranded as a Starwood hotel, they would definitely make a big leap toward bridging that gap. Marriott may still have more and better options overall, but Starwood would definitely get closer.

Note that I have no idea with whom or what the RCC is going to be rebranded (or even if it will not be rebranded at all), just wanted to note that it would give any hotel chain a step up in quality and options, but most especially Starwood.

uggboy likes this.
  3. COFlyerCLE
    Original Member

COFlyerCLE Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow... that would be a huge change. I love this hotel, and have made it my go-to hotel in London. If it becomes an SPG property, that would be OK too, I guess. Great hotel, great location, and just an overall great property.

uggboy likes this.
  4. NJUPINTHEAIR
    Original Member

NJUPINTHEAIR Silver Member

Status Points:
    St. Pancras will be a worthy sucessor, I believe. Does anyone know what it will be reflagged as?

uggboy likes this.
  5. En-Route
    Original Member

En-Route Silver Member

Status Points:
    Love this property.A sad day when it leaves Marriott.

I was in the lounge a number of years ago when Bill Marriott Jr. came into the lounge. He was visiting many properties in the UK.I heard him remark "very nice" of the amenities in the lounge

6. NJUPINTHEAIR
    Original Member

NJUPINTHEAIR Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have not stayed there recently, but it was a favorite of mine and my parrents and anyone I had sent there. However, from the website pictures, it looks like the rooms have not been renovated or upgraded for quite some time. I think it still has old Tube TV's for goodness sakes! A hotel of that caliber should not offer those antiquated items.

uggboy likes this.
  7. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only stayed there once but indeed likely the best property I have ever stayed at.

uggboy likes this.
  8. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does anybody know under which brand the hotel be known from June 2011 or will they go it alone?:confused:

9. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Would be interested in this also am planning a trip in 2012 and would love to stay there again having enjoyed it so much. Wonder if it will change much as a non-Marriott property.

uggboy likes this.
  10. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many have commented that the property needs some refurbishment // refreshment and this could change the property in the future. Indeed, a majestic building and a great proposition when visiting London, a superb choice. Cannot wait to find out what the future holds for this grand hotel and under which management it will operate and what they do with it.:)

ACMM likes this.
  11. SkiAdcock
    Original Member

SkiAdcock Silver Member

Status Points:
    It was acquired by a group out of Asia I believe. Saw something on FT re: which group acquired it.

I think people are going to look towards the St. Pancras as their 'replacement' for RCC.

Cheers.

uggboy likes this.