Remembering Hurricane Katrina in Photographs: Point Cadet in Biloxi, 2005

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 23, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Ten years ago today, a storm — eventually to be named Katrina — was “born” over the southeastern Bahamas; and it grew to become one of the most memorable storms in recorded history during the eight days in which it existed, responsible for the deaths of 1,833 people and causing an estimated $108 billion in damage. At least 135 people are still considered missing. Much of the damage occurred along the coast of the United States located north of the Gulf of Mexico — especially in Louisiana and Mississippi. I had the opportunity to view the aftermath of one of the five deadliest hurricanes and the costliest natural disaster ever to impact the United States when I drove south to the Mississippi Gulf Coast within two weeks after it was devastated — and I do not use that word lightly — by Hurricane Katrina. While I was there assisting as a volunteer to help and clean up... The post Remembering Hurricane Katrina in Photographs: Point Cadet in Biloxi, 2005 appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...