Remember When Chart House used to Be Good?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by avflyer, Sep 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had Dinner at the Scottsdale location. Still very nicely furnished but the food was crap and fairly expensive. $8.50 for the salad bar with an entrée (it used to be free). It is just a shadow of it's former self. The seafood all appeared to be frozen. My wife had the "tenderloin medallions" which was nothing more than thinly sliced beef in some sort of Walmart Asian sauce.

I know nothing can stay the same, but they don't even have Squaw Bread fro crying out loud! The only thing that has stayed on the menu is the "Callahan Cut", but I am not even going to go near that.

Any other opinions?

garyst16 likes this.
  2. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Chart House location in Atlanta had closed years ago, and it was on a steady slow decline back then.

In fact, I found a roach crawling on the wall near my seat while I was dining.

Chart House was good at one time, but that was many years ago. I did not even know that Chart House was still in business...

secretsea18 likes this.
  3. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with you avflier. I use to dine at the one in Mammoth Lakes since it is the only upscale restaurant in the town. I haven't eaten there in years because after my last experience, as you said, the food was mediocre and the prices too expensive for the offerings.