Release of version 1.1 of the iPhone App + Android news

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by bbernahl, Jan 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. bbernahl

bbernahl Silver Member

Status Points:

Bill from E-Commerce here.

I wanted to let you know we just released version 1.1 of the iPhone app. When you try to use the old app, it will prompt you to upgrade.

We've taken your suggestions along with our internal list and made some useful improvements:

• Upcoming reservations now display in chronological order
    • No limit to the number of future reservations that display (a much requested feature on this forum and the other site)
    • Map views now more consistently display your current location relative to Hyatt Hotels (often, your current position would not show - this has been fixed)
    • Complex reservations are displaying the correct check-in/check-out dates (should fix most/all of the problems people here were having with complex reservations)
    • Several additional minor bug fixes have been addressed (these include a change to show more accurate Andaz info plus numerous cosmetic changes).

I spoke to the team working on the Android app. They say it is 80% completed and they're getting ready to go into final QA and then acceptance testing. Stay tuned!

Thanks for all your comments and keep them coming.

Best, Bill

deant and TAHKUCT like this.
  2. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. used Iphone new version over the weekend.

3. Switch2

Switch2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    well, the new update on the iPhone, stopped fetching my reservations :( I have to input Reservation # or CC number to get them??

4. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    No problem here. Pulled all of my upcoming reservations.

5. Switch2

Switch2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    No luck here.

6. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just a few minor comments:

- Will it be possible to add more hotels as favorites? 6 seems a bit restrictive.
    - Is it possible to have the Diamond line number automatically listed on the contact page if the user is a Diamond? Likewise if the user is a Plat, then a Plat line number, etc.
    - Noticed that the local time for Grand Hyatt Singapore is one hour behind the actual time. I noticed this when checking an upcoming booking.

Apart from those, everything worked fine for me. Thanks again for coming up with such a useful app for us.

image-2351408992.png

Sent from my iPad using milepoint

7. bbernahl

bbernahl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bill from E-commerce here.
    There was a problem with retrieving GP member reservations on all systems. It resolved itself and we're investigating. It wasn't an app problem, but was more general. Sorry for the inconvenience.

8. bbernahl

bbernahl Silver Member

Status Points:
    1) We're looking to add more favorites and sync them up with the preferred hotels in the profile.
    2) Good suggestion. Also requested on the other board. This is on the list.
    3) I wasn't aware of this and you are right. I've passed this on to the mobile team.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  9. Switch2

Switch2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    ugg!! my OWMD bookings for Tomorrow DFW/ Fri/Sat: LAX disappeared from the main site and the app now...

10. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    woohoo a android app is almost done! you should let milepointers beta it and work on breaking it for you! :)