Register For Club Carlson Points Or Nights Promotion

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by Terry Yap, Nov 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Q4 Club Carlson Promo as posted by Lucky :

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea....ter&utm_campaign=SNAP+from+One+Mile+at+a+Time

registration link :

https://www.clubcarlson.com/secure/offers/8723287

Enjoy Double Points or Double Nights, the choice is yours!
    Register for the Points or Nights promotion and you can choose to earn either Double Points or Double Nights toward Elite Status on Eligible Stays at more than 1,000 participating Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide. Register now and earn double on Eligible Stays between November 4 and December 30, 2014.

Choose carefully, because your selection cannot be changed.

2. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have basically given up on Carlson.

I like their hotels but they are almost always considerably higher priced when booked direct (+ they seriously price gouge in many of their African properties) and you get no points if you book from Kayak or other site :eek:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    Newscience likes this.
  3. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Club Carlson isn't bad - and they do give a ton of points even if you book through another site. Yes, it's more on their site, but they do have a lot even if you purchase through someone else. Mostly for me I seldom use them because they don't have good footprints where I go. I think that's the toughest part of that brand.

Newscience likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you tried http://www.clubcarlson.com/borg/home.do ?

Newscience and jonspencer like this.
  5. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks for the link but you need to be a Boston lawyer to catch all the fine print in these lowest price match deals :eek:

6. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Okay, so I registered and chose the Double POINTS option. Soon after I got the following email from Club Carlson:

"Dear XXXX,

[​IMG] Start Earning Double Points! Thank you for registering for the Club CarlsonSM Points or Nights promotion. You have chosen the Double Points reward, and will now earn double Eligible Nights toward Elite Status on Eligible Stays at participating Carlson Rezidor hotels now through December 31, 2014."

So if I've registered for the Double Points option as the email above says, how will I also "now earn double Eligible Nights toward Elite Status"....which it also says? I thought it was only one or the other, not both. Or am I misreading and misunderstanding the promo?

Newscience and ffitalia like this.
  7. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same choice (double points) and same mail. I hope this is a mistake in the mail message

blackjack-21 and Newscience like this.
  8. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    it's a double double then :p

blackjack-21 and Newscience like this.
  9. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, I've had good experiences at Radisson Blu properties in Europe, and would recommend them. We recently stayed at the Radisson Blu in Krakow, and would certainly recommend it to all! It recently had a makeover (we were told @ 3 years ago), and our standard room was just fine (who needs to stay in your room when in Krakow?), the breakfast was super, and the hotel's location within walking distance of the royal castle and old town is perfect!

10. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    To further add to the confusion, today, the day AFTER I had registered and gotten the confusing email thank you, I now received another email from Carlson telling me of the new offer, and showing a link to then register for it. Guess they can't see that I've already been registered for the double points choice, but I'm not sure which one they mean, per their thanks for registering email I showed above.

Newscience likes this.
  11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    They may just have had queued up the emails when you registered.

United never fails send me an "it's time to check in" reminder about an hour after I OLCI'ed