Regional Upgrades in 2011

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by yonajon, Mar 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. yonajon
    Original Member

yonajon Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I recently used the tool to match status between my UA and CO accounts. I am a CO Plat, and now have UA 1K as I flew over 100k miles last year.

Question: I've accrued about 26k EQMs in my CO account so far this year. If I now start accruing EQMs in my UA account, what happens when my combined balance hits 75k? Will I earn the regional upgrades? Or do I need to have 75k in my CO account? In short, will they be tracking the combined balances to issue the regional upgrades mid-year?

Thanks!

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are tracking the combined activity throughout the year. You will earn the CR1s and SWUs at the appropriate thresholds in the program you chose as the earning target when you did the linking. Be aware that CO's CR1s and SWUs do not really exist yet so it may take a bit longer for those to show up.

3. yonajon
    Original Member

yonajon Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, that's very helpful

4. rustyr
    Original Member

rustyr Active Member

Status Points:
    This is last year(unless they change their mind) that actually you earn 2-cr-1s after 10K BIS per qtr at least for UA. When you stated 75K, that's the new minimum earning threshold for regionals starting next year. I can't remember whether you will get an additional pair this year after accruing 75 BIS.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yup...this year both earning schemes are in place if you had 1K status in 2010.

6. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Quick question... Lets say I credit 55K EQMs to CO and 45K EQMs to UA, that means I won't get the CR1s until the end of the year when both programs are merged, correct?

OTOH, if I go past 75K in program, either CO or UA, I will get the new CR1s as soon as it is implemented mid year?

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If you have linked your accounts and specified an earning program then you'll get the CR1s as soon as you have a combined 75K (and if you choose CO then once they are issuing their certs). If you do not link them then you do not get the certs until they are combined at the end of the year.