Regarding Global Services

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by RJR@LAX, Jan 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. RJR@LAX

RJR@LAX Active Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone have an insight into how the Global Services Status will be awarded under the combined programs? Will the Continental Flyers negatively or positively impact the UAL MP flyers?

zpaul, rggale, sobore and 6 others like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same as always, mostly based on full fare spend.

I doubt the passengers are going to be fighting with each other on the plane, if that's what you mean. ;)

But seriously, there may be some folks who do not qualify in the new population who would have under the old population but it will depend in large part on whether they are growing the number of members or not.

infamousdx and zpaul like this.
  3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint RJ. I'm an RJ@COS guy!

Actually Global Services functions similar to that of the newer Presidential Platinum Elite that you might be familiar with from OnePass, a formular of miles flown at positive revenue tickets (F, A, J, C, D, Z, Y, or B) and total revenue spend. I think w/ OnePass that was 75K miles and $30K. It varies with GS but as a GS member myself, I've been able to qualify/requalify around the $40,000 range so there is really not that much difference between the two programs.I notice that it seems GS requires more revenue to qualify, but fewer miles flown while CO was less revenue required but more miles flown. The tricky thing will be the variance by market, especially in overlaps. Bit of course I know some road warriors that fly 150K a year and are not GS.

Keep in mind one thing, this tends to be a dynamic program so what works for me into the program will likely not match what works for you so when you see comments by others who mention their thresholds, these are mere guidelines and not subject to a dialogue with MP about why you did not reach GS as others you know have.

Hope this helps and let's see if we can get to you 787@LAX.

infamousdx, zpaul, Titans26 and 4 others like this.
  4. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Okay, why am I stumbling when I read this? Tell me what I am missing. Thanks.

zpaul likes this.
  5. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    You didn't give me time to correct myself! Sorry, I have now realized the error of my words. I meant to say: I notice that it seems GS requires more revenue to qualify, but fewer miles flown while CO was less revenue required but more miles flown.

zpaul and Titans26 like this.
  6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    You've got your first like! Welcome to MP. Excellent question.

7. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Randy, my spend is 1/10 of yours... so no GS for me this year. I was Presidential Plat for a day or so.

Happy New Year to you all

rggale and Titans26 like this.
  8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yup, but the spend could be on any fares, not only full fares. Doesn't matter so much as that program is dead now and the legacy GS scheme is going to be used going forward.

Requalifying is reportedly easier than initially qualifying. And the numbers vary by market. United likes to recognize their top customers and they have a pretty solid scheme in place to identify them. They are also very good at not telling folks outside the organization what that scheme is.

9. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I doubt CO fliers are going to hurt the program, its the Million miler changes that will hurt

10. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    You think there are really that many 4MM folks out there?

11. RJR@LAX

RJR@LAX Active Member

Status Points:
    Hope this helps and let's see if we can get to you 787@LAX.[/quote]

Randy,

I have been GS for the last two years and 1k for about 10yrs. In 2011 I flew about 85K full fare miles and 135K EQMs. I thought that I would have heard from UAL by now regarding 2012 GS. I guess that they are leaving that decision for last.

12. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Not last, but definitely "later."

They have said that they are waiting until they have the full, combined data from both sides in a single system so that they can get the correct people into the pool.