Reduced mileage cost for YBM-BizElite upgrades

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Gargoyle, Jun 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I wonder how this will affect the usability of your SWU's. :)

Hello Mr. Gargoyle ,

Make this summer one of the most indulgent ones yet. For a limited time, get a 50% mileage discount toward a BusinessElite® upgrade.

For example, a flight from New York to Madrid, Spain, would normally require 15,000 miles for a one-way Upgrade Award from full fare Economy Class (Y fare class) to BusinessElite. With this offer's 50% discount, you would need only 7,500 miles to upgrade one-way to BusinessElite from full-fare Economy Class.

To qualify, purchase an Economy Class ticket in Y, B or M class of service on select transoceanic international flights. This 50% discount on mileage upgrades is also available on select international Business Class service to Mexico, the Caribbean, and South and Central America.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess it's not as bad as the one mile to upgrade offer from a few summers ago that won a FF award for DL.

For most people, the issue is the cost of M+ fares now, not the miles. I wonder whether this means that DL isn't "selling" as many upgrades to BE as they had expected or would like to sell.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  3. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm growing fonder and fonder of the M fare sale that someone (here or FT, can't remember which) keeps advocating.

DeltaExpert and Gargoyle like this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is this offer targeted? I can't find it on delta.dumb to see the T&C.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  5. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here's the link from my email. Doesn't look targeted to me.

Gargoyle likes this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Found it on delta.dumb. It's not under anything like special offers or sales (that I've found) but there is a link in a small box in the top right corner of the page that has the charts for mileage upgrades. Purchase and travel by August 31. Not all BE destinations are included, apparently, although which routes are covered seems fuzzy to me.

7. jackplum
    Original Member

jackplum Gold Member

Status Points:
    The one trouble is that many flights to MAD this summer have an S fare that is much less than a M Fare

Gargoyle likes this.
  8. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    I still remember when an M fare to Europe could be had for $1000 or less. With M fares pretty close to the cost of I fares and Z seats so hard to get, why would this upgrade deal be attractive?

9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It might be interesting to know how many flights between now and the end of August have Z inventory available.