Redeeming points and credit possible?

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by goheerow, Jul 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. goheerow

goheerow Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know you can't combine points and cash to redeem on WN, but anyone know if you can combine points and past credit together for a ticket?

2. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you can.

http://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/rapid_rewards_transition_faq.html
    Rapid Rewards Transition
    What happens to my existing Rapid Rewards unused credits from the old program?

If you have a credit balance in your account prior to the conversion to the new program, you will continue to see your credits in your account. Credits will maintain their original expiration date. You will have the one-time option to convert points earned in the new program back into credits from the old program at a rate of 1,200 points (= 1 credit) in order to reach a total of 16 credits and redeem them for a Standard Award.

http://www.southwest.com/html/gener...rewards_program_terms_and_conditions_faq.html

Rapid Rewards Credits
    • Members who have Rapid Rewards credits in their account prior to the transition date will retain these credits after the transition. The credits will remain in the Members’ accounts and will maintain their original expiration date.
    • After the transition date, Members will have the one-time option to convert Rapid Rewards Points earned after transition into credits in order to reach a total of 16 credits and receive a Standard Award. The conversion of Rapid Rewards Points into credits to receive a Standard Award can only be completed online atwww.southwest.com by Members logged into their Rapid Rewards Account.
    • Conversion rate will be 1,200 Rapid Rewards Points = 1 credit. For example, if a Member has 12 credits as of the transition date, 4,800 points will be required (1,200 points x 4 credits needed = 4,800 points) to receive a Standard Award.
    • Members must convert the total number of Rapid Rewards Points needed to reach the 16 credit threshold to receive a Standard Award. Credits are valid for 24 months from the date earned and after the transition date, credits will maintain their original expiration date. Credits not applied toward redemption of a Standard Award prior to their expiration date will be deleted from the Member’s Rapid Rewards account.
    • When converting Rapid Rewards Points into credits, the points and credits must come from the same Member’s account. Points and/or credits from two or more separate accounts cannot be combined for conversion and/or redemption of a Standard Award.
    • Standard Awards issued after transition as a result of converting points into credits will have an expiration date of one year from the date the Award is created. These Standard Awards cannot be extended beyond their expiration date.

3. goheerow

goheerow Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks, but I guess I shouldve been more specific. I meant credit from a ticket I didn't use, which I have a year to use before expiration. So technically it would be cash and point, but not sure.

Horse likes this.
  4. Jimmy28

Jimmy28 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're right, credit from a previous ticket is just a form of payment and since you can't mix and match...no dice :(

You could always book the outbound leg with points and the return leg with cash/TTF. Just book two OW's instead of a RT.

goheerow likes this.