Redeeming British Airways Avios On Alaska Airlines

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

For the longest time, Alaska Airlines was the strangest airline to me. I hadn't actually flown them until 2012, when I status matched to MVP Gold after I moved from Tampa to Seattle. When I moved to Seattle it was the start of the rainy season, and I'd often find any excuse I could to escape the depressing weather. I'm not the world's best planner, so I'd rarely take advantage of any cheap advance purchase fares, but that didn't mean I wanted to pay for expensive last minute tickets either. Alaska is relatively good about releasing award space even close to departure, which made weekend jaunts possible. While British Airways is a member of the oneworld alliance, they do separately partner with Alaska Airlines, and their distanced based award chart leads to some especially lucrative award redemptions. The unfortunate part is that British Airways prices first class redemptions on Alaska at the first class award price, which is three times the cost of an equivalent economy award. The post Redeeming British Airways Avios On Alaska Airlines appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...