Redeem Sweet Dilemma Nights - Best Value?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by heels05, Mar 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. heels05
    Original Member

heels05 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone have suggestions on the properties which give the best bang for your buck when cashing in the Sweet Dilemma free nights?

I have 2 free nights. Would anyone’s recommendations change if I add a 3rd night to my trip and pay cash or with points for the last night?

I’m thinking the Intercontinental in Panama right now but I am open to ideas.

2. Raffles
    Original Member

Raffles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I used on at LeGrand in Paris yesterday for a room with what showed as a Best Flex price of Euro 375.

Because LeGrand has a huge number of suites, it is also a good place to do what you suggest. Book a really nice room for cash for night 1, add on 2 SD nights and assume you'll be allowed to keep the same room all the way through.

This is trickier at hotels with smaller numbers of suites / large rooms as the hotel obviously needs empty rooms in the higher categories to upgrade you.

The bottom line, of course, is to use it in a hotel in a city where you really want to visit. That's the best way of using your SD nights for a really enjoyable few days.

3. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I used the promo last year's to book a few nights at the Paris LeGrand and it was an excellent stay. This year, for some stupid mistake on my part I didn't pick the free nights. Dunno why, i mist of been out of it or something...

Skyvillager likes this.
  4. Lighthouse
    Original Member

Lighthouse Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also have an interest and would also appreciate knowing whether platinum, ambassador and/or royal ambassador status benefits are being honored at certain IC hotels for SD nights.

5. heels05
    Original Member

heels05 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am a plat and have booked this weekend at the Amstel IC in Amsterdam. I'll let you know if there are any special treatments.

6. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you get any special treatment?