Red Lion Launching Leo Hotel Collection

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by flyingdawg, Jan 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Leo Hotel Collection will be small properties in historic buildings/locations. The hotels will be able to retian their current name and will have access to Red Lions distribution network. Leo Hotels will be nationwide and not just in the northwest.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2013/jan/24/red-lion-announces-new-hotel-brand-concept/

From my personal, very limited experience with Red Lion they may want to concentrate on their regular properties and get them up to par.

2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree, Red Lion isn't in a position to expand, they need to make their current properties half-decent, because based on my recent experiences they are around only a quarter decent :D.

uggboy and flyingdawg like this.
  3. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Las Vegas Hotel (old Las Vegas Hilton) will be the first to property to join Red Lion's Leo Collection. Perhaps as early as March.

sobore likes this.
  4. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Quote from article:
    "Called the Leo Hotel Collection, the concept has boutique, smaller or historic hotels retaining their names but using Red Lion’s distribution and marketing channels, said Harry Sladich, Red Lion’s vice president of sales and marketing." (emphasis mine)

I guess calling the Las Vegas Hotel a boutique hotel is kinda like calling an aircraft carrier a boat.:rolleyes:

sobore likes this.