Recommended seating on 767-300ER

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by JSpira, Jun 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am flying two legs on the 767-300ER in a few weeks. I've never been on that aircraft and I am aware that it does not have the newest BE seats. The flights (ATL-->STR and AMS-->EWR) are better for my schedule, however.

I tend to feel "confined" when the older business-class seats recline so my inclination is to select bulkhead.

The 2-2-2 configuration would lead me to consider 1B, 1C, 1E, or 1F (avoiding windows).

What would the members of the MP community recommend?

jbcarioca and deltaGOLDflyer like this.
  2. Delta Points
    Original Member

Delta Points Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep fly this a bunch DTW-AMS. All row 1 are good for what you want. C&E most open feel IMO.

F&G 2-6 have a bit more space. Just avoid 6AB at all cost. Crew rest behind(not shown at SeatGuru)!

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Delta_Airlines/Delta_Airlines_Boeing_767-300_I.php

BTW here is the EC seat photo from my last trip.

[​IMG]

JSpira likes this.
  3. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! That is most helpful.

I started at the seatguru page comparing the two 767-300 ERs to my seat map on delta.com - and for both flights the cabin seemed to map to Vers. 2, not Vers. 1. From your experience, which type does DL fly on these routes (recognizing you fly DTW-AMS more than my routes).

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am unlucky enough to fly these often. I try for 1 C or 1E. I hate people climbing over me.

JSpira likes this.
  5. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good point. I don't mind the center at all - in fact I have found I quite like it on some aircraft. The only problem I ever had was that, on Austrian's 777, pax thought they could cross over in front of me (my foot moved rather quickly in such cases) and within a few minutes, the FA built a pillow/blanket barrier.

jbcarioca likes this.
  6. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is my only complaint. On DL and US it is the FA's themselves who do it most fo the time. After takeoff it is not a problem because the footrest comes up and their convenience is better served elsewhere. Otherwise center seats for me always, and on old DL 767 row 1.

JSpira likes this.
  7. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, but just for clarification, which is the old DL 767 and are both row 1?

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. Delta Points
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I have never been on the ver 2. My route is always either the A330-200/300 or the ver 1. I love the old NWA birds and find the BE very nice and even the EC row 10 is just tops as you have a mile of leg room.

jbcarioca likes this.
  9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I'm in the center bulkhead seats, I sometimes put my carryon bag in front of my feet to block the path. It shocks me that people think it's OK to walk through here.

jbcarioca likes this.
  10. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    JSpira likes this.
  11. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I fly the 767-300ER from SEA-PEK a bunch. I have found that as a 6'6" tall guy, I like the 1C/1E. Having my feet hang over that little foot rest is uncomfortable and I don't have anything to press against. With the seats in 1C/1E, my feet touch the bulkhead and I put the blanket over the lip so it doesn't hurt my ankles. I found I can sleep most conformable in that kind of setup. Also, the center two seats have isle access so that's always nice too.

HTH

USAF_Pride and JSpira like this.
  12. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not nearly as tall (5'10") but that's very helpful info - thanks!

13. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    In a strange twist of fate, I went back and checked inventory tonight. For my departure, I found a KLM flight to AMS at a much later time (I like TATL flights as close to midnight as possibe) on the 747-400 COMBI. The 747-400 COMBI has angled lie-flat seats, which are flatter (if nothing else) than the old-style BE seats on the 767-300 ER. My return flight is on the 767-300ER.

Best of all - my cost went from 150.000 miles to 100.000.

Again, thanks to everyone for their input and I'll be thinking of you on my return flight when I enjoy 1C.

14. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    my pref on the 763 is either row 1 window (or what ever they are calling it now) or any aisle. I am totally waiting for the real seats to be one the 763. I will say, the crews tend to be good.

15. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good work!

16. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
    KLM service definitely trumps DL as well, in addition to the Delft House.

17. Delta Points
    Original Member

Status Points:
    O'great now we have to talk all about the best seat on the 747-400 combi. (kidding - I was on it from ORD-AMS this month).

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/KLM/KLM_Boeing_747-400_combi.php

I like upper deck. Just about any seat but 77a gets you window with e-z in/out. Just keep in mind they store your carry-on in the back by the stairs unless it is very very small to fit above you or in the window storage area. I nice quite ride with good food. +1

JSpira likes this.
  18. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't been on a 747 (of any kind) in a few years and, while I loved the upper deck when I was a kid and flying Pan Am, the first row also looked appealing. On Seatguru, it looks as if there is more personal space on top, however.

Something for me to ponder today I suppose... :)