Recommendations for reward program website

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by ezb, Feb 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ezb

ezb Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking for recommendations and member experiences for a site that manages all of your loyalty programs in one place.

I've looked at several sites [tripit, usingmiles, awardwallet etc.] but all seem to have pros and cons. More importantly, I've also read that several airlines at times have restricted these sites from collecting data, although many of these posts are dated from 6 months ago or more.

Can we get a discussion going on what works, what doesn't?

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    What worked but has been seriously crippled...

I was fairly happy with AwardWallet until the airlines, UA recently, took the fun away by restricting access, as you noted. AW came up with a work around but I consider it a downgrade because it did not make up for one key feature of this service that was very useful -- essential, in fact: automatic retrieval of loyalty data...

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also use award wallet, mainly so I have all my account numbers in one place. For many of the airlines I now have to manually update the info, but at least I don't have to remember all of the account numbers.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    That manual update is the work around I mentioned above, which works well if one remembers to use, and that is the problem: one must now remember to manually retrieve or update the data...

marcwint55 likes this.
  5. ezb

ezb Silver Member

Status Points:
    I suppose that kind of defeats the purpose, no? I currently keep track of my miles on my own using a simple Filemaker db [or you could easily do it in Excel]. Was looking for something that reaches out to all sites and updates automatically on a frequent basis.

thepointstraveler likes this.
  6. thepointstraveler

thepointstraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    In addition to using Award Wallet and Using Miles, I have always kept track of my miles/points via an excell spreadsheet. (I'm a little anal about that!) I just wish I was enough of an excell nerd to figure out a way to make my excell sheet reach out to the websites and download the info!

7. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you're interested I have a link that will give you a free premium membership (lifetime) for Usingmiles. Just let me know in a post here or PM me and I'll send it your way. I use it a lot and have no complaints.

8. ezb

ezb Silver Member

Status Points:

I'd appreciate that very much, thanks!

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  9. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    ezb likes this.
  10. ezb

ezb Silver Member