Recommendations for One Night in Punta Cana (PUJ)

Discussion in 'Other North America/non U.S.' started by BenjaminNYC, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Have about 24 hours to kill in PUJ. Recommendations for a fun place to stay, with access to decent nightlife? Considering Hard Rock, but it looks kinda cheezy, and it's pricy at $500.

Thanks!
    -BJ^^^

2. Axey
    Original Member

Axey Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recommend the Hard Rock. It's the only place that feels safe in PUJ.

3. qasr
    Original Member

qasr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have you considered just going to FLL or TPA instead. Just as beautiful places, but much cleaner, everyone speaks english and you don't need to change money or deal with having a passport, etc.

4. pjoalfa
    Original Member

pjoalfa Silver Member

Status Points:
    Night life would be hard to beat at Hard Rock. As to quality - Cap Cana has fantastic villas, though I haven't had experience with any under $500 (they've all been 3-4 b/r in my case). Tortuga Bay at Punta Cana Beach Resort is a LHW property and quite nice. Both places are completely safe, but not a whole lot of night life- but then you could always just take a cab to the HR if you like.

5. Thank you, that's helpful. I guess I'll settle for HR.

6. Knowing what you consider "nightlife," not sure this is the right board to be asking your question.... just sayin' [​IMG]

7. Axey
    Original Member

Axey Silver Member

Status Points:
    That sort of ad revenue may even be more profitable than travel banners [​IMG]

8. Christian Martinez
    Original Member

Christian Martinez Gold Member

Status Points:
    cleaner? I beg to differ. You won't find a single beach on either florida location that has a cleaner beach and seawater compared to PUJ.

Ben, as a native of Dom Rep, I can say if you want to have fun in PUJ with minimum amount of "spanish", then HR is right for you. NOW, since I know you're looking for fun and you seem to be around the same age range as myself, I'd recommend the Gran Bahia location and even the Dreams Resort...Spanish would help but the "entertainment" aspect would be much more exotic which I think you would appreciate.

9. Thanks. I already booked Paradisis, since it was a killer deal on Orbitz and looked nice. I don't think it has any real nightlife, but I guess I can always take a cab to nightlife. What do you think?

10. Christian Martinez
    Original Member

Christian Martinez Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haven't been to Paradisus but heard great things. :)