Recommendation for family friendly *Wood NYC hotel

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by mdtravel, Jan 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've got a trip coming up to NYC and will be taking my wife and toddler daughter. I'd like to stay at a Starwood. I know some of the hotels have incredibly small room (Sheraton) and others aren't exactly kid-friendly (W's).

Any suggestions for a hotel that tends to have larger than NYC average rooms that could accommodate a rollaway, or just has larger than NYC average rooms in general?

We'd like to be in the midtown area.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  2. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have you looked at the existing NYC threads?

I would suggest reading the existing NYC master thread, the Westin Times Square, The Westin Grand Central and the Element Times Square.. You may need to book a room and use points to upgrade to a room type you and your family will be happy with.

viguera likes this.
  3. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had not; will check them out.

4. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Of the Starwood properties I've stayed, the Westin Times Square was bigger room (double/double) and I was upgraded at Le Meridian so had living room area which would be good for toddler - not sure if you have status or not. Le Meridian is close to Central Park and short walk to Times Square.