Recommendation for driver/car service Milano-Cernobbio

Discussion in 'Europe' started by CharlesG, May 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. CharlesG

CharlesG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hey everyone!

I'm looking to arrange for a driver/car service from MXP to Cernobbio, near Lake Como. I've done some poking around online, but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a reasonably-priced and reliable ride.

Thanks so much!

2. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    By a remarkable coincidence, I'll be doing that drive in a little over a month. My step-mother will also be in the area and is engaging a driver from Varenna recommended by her pension. Other side of the lake from you, but I'll try to get the information for you.

When will you be there?

CharlesG likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you sure you don't want to rent a car? It's fun to drive around the lakes and explore the area. That hotel has lots of underground parking, IIRC free.

CharlesG and rwoman like this.
  4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know many who like driving in this part of Italy! :)

CharlesG likes this.
  5. CharlesG

CharlesG Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife absolutely does not want to rent a car. We are renting one when we are in Toscana, but even then, I had to lobby hard to get her to agree!

Thanks Larry! We arrive at MXP mid-day on May 18th.

6. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    We arrive May 26th, but will be in Liguria for two weeks before I pop up to Como. If you will be driving the A12 after the 26th let me know, maybe we can have lunch!

When I talk to my step-mother I'll try to get the name of the driver from Varenna (not sure if that will be convenient for where you're staying or not). Also, your hotel can probably make a recommendation.

7. CharlesG

CharlesG Gold Member

Status Points:
    We will be firmly planted in Florence on the 26th, celebrating our anniversary! (Also, I have never been to Italy before, so I'm not sure where the A12 passes; have to look that up).

Our hotel did offer us transfer service, but at a cost which seemed way out of line with the prevailing quotes out there, so I just thought I'd check around.