Recognizing a call center agent

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by HiIslands, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    What's the best way to communicate your appreciation for a call center employee to United higher-ups?

I had an agent that worked through a very complex itinerary for me and then adjusted it until she could find system wide upgrades for the entire routing. She was nothing less than amazing!

With layoffs at United and Continental looming, I'd like to let United know how valuable this agent is, but how? (I do have her name and know which call center she works out of.)

2. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Either email 1Kvoice or even better is to call 1K customer relations.

3. Bob McNack^

4. dwhotz
    Original Member

dwhotz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Or you could be old fashion and send in a letter to UA Customer Relations

5. Hannaman
    Original Member

Hannaman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just be careful how much detail you include. Remember that while you appreciate how much time she spent, spending so much time may be counter to their desired metrics (especially when you consider where the new management is coming from).

I like to keep compliments vague, because you never know when a compliment could actually be a negative.

6. Hannaman
    Original Member

Hannaman Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is exactly the concern I was trying to post about. Having knowledge about your ticketing situation, whomever did it may have made an exception they weren't supposed to do. While it's certainly good for you that it got done, your compliment may draw attention to this person's leniency, and CO may not appreciate or approve of that.

HiIslands likes this.
  7. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just because multiple people are involved in getting something fixed, does not automatically say something was amiss. I commend the poster for sending in a Thank You. I've done it on numerous occasions and usually get the 1K response indicating that appropriate station was cc'd on the original message.

I've also received personal thank yous from supervisors on two occasions. One where I had an inside track to send the commendation direct to the person's supervisor (friend of a friend had the info for me), and another where I sent it in via 1K Voice. Leading by example in those cases - the effort to respond to me was very much appreciated.

HiIslands likes this.
  8. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much) for your ideas and comments. Very helpful!

9. Freddie Listo
    Original Member

Freddie Listo Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I've sent a comment via email, I don't get into specifics, but comment on the agent's professional attitude, efficiency and knowledge/experience, and if I'm really being honest, their patience for having to deal with ME. ;)

10. Pat89339
    Original Member

Pat89339 Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I receive outstanding service from a phone agent, I tell them I'd like to write an email to their supervisor about it and ask for that email address. They have always been willing to do so. It is something for all of us to keep in mind when this happens.

HiIslands likes this.
  11. CrazyMonkey
    Original Member

CrazyMonkey Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have e-mails of a Service Directors at the call centers, and for the GS desk in DTW (the equivalent of the 1K voice), they sit right over a the wall of a cubicle from each other so I send the compliments to the SD and let them handle it.

12. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recently wrote an email about a CO SLC phone agent who helped me through a complicated international award itinerary, and I received a very nice reply from the supervisor thanking me for having done so. I wouldn't worry about any of Hannaman's concerns.

13. eightblack
    Original Member

eightblack Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've sent a compliment to the 1KVoice email and while it took a while (the algorithm probably doesnt know how to handle positive keywords), a real human did write back thanking me for taking the time to write and that the note of appreciation would be passed on.

jupper likes this.