Reciprocal Upgrades IT Flaw on US Airways for American Elites

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by Prior2Boarding, Sep 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Prior2Boarding

Prior2Boarding New Member

US Airways has always been known to have a horrible IT system, but their IT flaws have just caused me a first class upgrade. I used The Jetsetter’s Homestead’s guide to reciprocal upgrades for American elites flying on US Airways to upgrade to first class, or to at least request an upgrade. It’s a great guide on how to upgrade successfully when flying US Airways. I have a flight to PDX tonight on US Airways and last night my friend and I both checked in as soon as check-in became available. Unfortunately, no first class seats were available at the time of check-in. My friend and I both signed up to be placed on the airports upgrade list for first class. I was first on the list, my friend was second. Both of us are American elite members. Earlier today he decided to check where he stood on the list and noticed an open seat in first class. He rushed to take the seat and succeeded in claiming it. Thankfully, it was my friend who got the seat and not somebody else who was unknown to me and checked in after me. US Airways’ IT is quite laughable, how someone [...] The post Reciprocal Upgrades IT Flaw on US Airways for American Elites appeared first on Fly2Travel.

Continue reading...