Recgonizing Elite Plus

Discussion in 'SkyTeam' started by felixishim, Jun 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. felixishim

felixishim Active Member

Status Points:
    i.e How Delta knows that you are actually a Elite Plus member in China Eastern or Vietnam Airlines besides of using the membership card?

Any other ways that they can know? is there a system linked intranet or they fetch it to?
    what if they haven't updated it? they just trust that piece of card?

Gargoyle and anileze like this.
  2. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    It will be printed on your boarding card. Yes, there is an extranet of sorts.

Gargoyle likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The OP needs to give his/her FF number from China Eastern or Vietnam Airlines to DL. If this cannot be done on line, either at the time of booking or during OLCI, this should be done with a counter agent before the first flight. Then have that agent reprint the boarding pass showing the FF number and SkyTeam ElitePlus. If OP doesn't want to credit the DL miles to the FF program in which he/she holds status, DL might or might not provide the ElitePlus benefits. YMMV.

4. zurkan

zurkan New Member

Status Points:
    When I've done this at NRT, the dragons acted like it was usual, but let me check out the KE and AF lounges; AF was even nice.

sara

Gargoyle likes this.
  5. A_Lee

A_Lee Silver Member

Status Points:
    A related question - I was KE Morning Calm in the past, but after not flying them for a while I lost that status. Now I'm back to flying them very regularly and will go over the threshold next week on a KE flight. I'm supposed to be connecting to a DL flight, though I'm going to try to convince my travel partner to skip the DL flight due to my extreme dislike for their current business practices. Anyways, if I can't get out of the DL flight, just wondering if I'm entitled to SkyTeam Elite benefits with just my standard card. Looking mainly for preferred seating if available and priority boarding. I don't think I'll need the additional luggage allowance on this trip. No big deal if I'm not recognized, but being my business companion I'm traveling with is SkyTeam Elite would be nice if we can sit together and board together.

Gargoyle likes this.
  6. KLflyerRalph

KLflyerRalph Active Member

Status Points:
    They probably can't extend any benefits until the status is updated and reflected in the system.

Gargoyle likes this.
  7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sadly the AF lounge at NRT is gone. I liked it. I especially remember flying the day after some security incident (the shoe bomber???) and it was very nice to escape from the tense crowdds at the two NRT SkyClubs. The AF lounge dragons were always very welcoming to me there.

OTOH, the NRT KE lounge is basic, sad, and depressing. I would advise one to instead go to a SC at NRT.

DL GAs almost always allow traveling companions to board in with elites. Just go together when the elite's zone is called, whether or not you're on the same PNR and say that you're together. Of course, YMMV as it's not an official rule AFAIK.

anileze and redtailshark like this.
  8. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    When the DL SC wireless was overwhelmed - which was and is a daily event even now - it was easy to connect to SALON AIR FRANCE from down below and surf the Gaullist electromagnetic waves....

9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    From down below?? That would seem to suggest that you were tryiing to steal the internet signal from NRT lounges, as the two were side by side on the mezzanine level.

anileze likes this.
  10. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, down below.... in need of a very quick connection en passant, before NRT was wireless-ed. But you know, that comment sounds just like the CO commander who saw me surfing years ago outside IAH PC E and accosted me with "Hey, you're stealing Continental's electrons..." Ended up guesting the Shark into the PC and we chowed the fat.... CO won anyway because I purchased my PC membership just after that :)