Recent activity window- text format issue

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Gargoyle, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I recently started a thread with attached pictures. I looked in a friends user activity tab on their profile, and where it referenced my thread, it included the {attach} text. That seems a bit sloppy, it should pull in the info without that.

Note that when creating the thread, I was back and forth between the bbcode and rich text editor because I was having trouble placing the photos in the right place in the text.

Activity-attach.jpg

kiwi likes this.
  2. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm still new to the picture posting, but I found by sizing the picture, then cutting it with ctrl-x and move pasting it with ctrl-v to where I wanted it to be, I was able to move the pictures around in my window. I resized it first to make it easier to maneuver, as well.

When I edited those posts, I only saw an image # not the picture names I had uploaded (although those were still displayed below the window, just like they were when they were uploaded).

Gargoyle likes this.
  3. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    I place pics at the end of the post, resize it if needed and then open up the BB code (click on AA at top right of the post entry box) to reposition. It is the only reliable method I've found so far.

Pat89339 and Gargoyle like this.
  4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    unfortunately, we can't expect the majority of users to do that. it needs to be set up more intuitively.
    one problem is that if the photo is big, you can't drag it around when using the rich text editor, because the window doesn't scroll.

i.e. if you have a large edit window with a scroll bar, and you try to drag something up above the top of the current display, the edit window won't scroll to let you do that.

kiwi likes this.
  5. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agree more user support is needed, but the cut/paste does work for the moving around in the interim