Recent Activity (All Members) page Feedback

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by SC Flier, Feb 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are at least a couple places in MilePoint where one can see "Recent Activity."
    1. Members >> Recent Activity -- This shows the most recent activity for all members sitewide.
    2. A user's Profile >> Recent Activity -- This shows the most recent activity of a specific user.
    This thread is for feedback for the first type of Recent Activity -- All Members.

Some feedback for the second type -- user-specific Recent Activity -- already has begun in this thread:
    Recent activity window- text format issue

2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Given the volume of posts coming in at any moment, is there much value in this view of Recent Activity?

With the inclusion of posts in counting threads and similar Off Topic threads, it seems like a mostly-useless view. I'm sure that certain high-volume Lounge threads might also be filling this view a good bit

Would it be possible to have this view ignore certain threads? I'd hate to suggest that it totally ignore the Off Topic forum! And I'm sure that some people would like to see what's going on in certain Lounge threads. But for me, this view seems like too much info for anyone to really bother with.

And is there value in the entries here for every time that any member likes something?

For reference, here's a snapshot of what I see in this view at this moment (I replaced the member names):

3. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't see much value of feed for all members' activities given the large amount of data in that feed. You can view the feed of just the members you follow in "Your News Feed" but is it possible to add a function like the "List" function on twitter so you can customize your channel?

Also, if the user chooses not to publish his/her feed, should his/her activities be shown in the master all members feed too? Right now it is showing that I believe.