Received the new branded creditials

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Exiled in Express, May 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    This weekend I received a new membership card reaffirming my 2011 status and a guidebook to platinum benefits. Card looks a little too much like the SPG card for my liking, what was wrong with basic blue?

Important nugget is that the list of benefits continues to include Pointbreaks at a stated redemption of 5000 points. Hopefully this is a sign of continuation and not just an IHG boneheaded administrative error.

2. Trout Fishing in America
    Original Member

Trout Fishing in America Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a deep faith that pointbreaks will stay. But, I am still glad that actual evidence regarding the continuation of pointbreaks is turning up.

But, more importantly, of course, is the card design :cool: -- I agree completely. I think the new cards are much less "classy" than the old ones. I don't actively dislike the new designs, but I don't really see it as a step in the right direction. On the other hand, I really like the new website design.

3. airshadow
    Original Member

airshadow Gold Member

Status Points:
    I kind of like the textured band at the top - it makes it easy to pull out of a stack. I wouldn't mind having that on a few of my credit cards...

4. sdcarver
    Original Member

sdcarver Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wonder of the Ambassador Cards will change as well... I sure hope they continue the Pointbreaks, it would be that much better of they had more choices for Pointbreaks too :)

sdcarver

5. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got my new RA kit, and the card is the same as last years.

6. sdcarver
    Original Member

sdcarver Silver Member

Status Points:
    DJP_707,
    Thanks for the confirmation that the RA card is staying the same.

sdcarver