received a 6000/3000/1000 RDM targeted offer today... and it doesnt work

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by redwoman, Nov 17, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. redwoman

redwoman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone else get this offer from UA today? I am a 1K. Receive up to 50K RDMs when flying between Dec 1 and Feb 29. 6K miles per segment for premium fare classes/3K on E fares on long segments; or 3K miles per segment for premium/1K per segment for E fares on short segments.

Except... when I went to register, I received an error that my MP number isn't eligible. Huh? I'm only clicking the box because MP sent it to me! Otherwise, how would I get to the box in which to click? The kicker: my MP number (that the system rejected) and name are at the top of the email.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    While this isn't a helpful post but you gotta love United's antiquated technology.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received the same offer about a month ago, for travel November 1-January 31. I had no problem registering for it.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    :confused:

Antiquated how? This is a problem with the programming of the business rules, not the underlying systems. And both new and old systems are liable to screw up when the operators use them poorly.