Receive an offer for the Platinum Card® from American Express: 50,000 Membership Rewards

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by curly, Jan 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. I recently received an email from American express letting me know that if I refer someone, they will get 50,000 MR with the new card application.

I receive 10,000.

It is a pretty good deal because when I got my card, I only got 25000. great Card!

druiddation and perryplatypus like this.
  2. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Which Amex card? I received 75K for Amex Gold and Gold Biz...

3. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Amex Platinum. That's the referral offer that's showing up in most people home pages right now. Refer someone.. they get 50k after $3k spend in 3 months, you get 10k.

4. peege

peege Active Member

Status Points:
  5. akcae
    Original Member

akcae Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll be happy to refer anyone who is interested. I've been extremely happy with the benefits of this card and have chosen to pay the renewal annual fee and keep it. Lounge access, airline fee reimbursement, no forex fee, access to extra point earnings via the MR mall, and 20% rebate on travel bookings have been great.

6. flyerfrog

flyerfrog Active Member

Status Points:
  7. jimross

jimross Member

Status Points:
    This is not accurate. The $1K spend thread flyerfrog refers to has come to be known as not honored by american express. People had to go to blows with amex and those who did not give up were forced to have to file with BBB for amex to consider. Applicant beware: Do not follow flyerfrog's suggestion, the $1K spend link was shown to be a huge headache at best and not applicable for any pre-existing amex card holder. If you want the amex plat, use the offers with the $3K spend. The post should be edited and remove the inaccuracy.

druiddation, perryplatypus and akcae like this.
  8. Is there an expiration date on applying for the 50,000 bonus?

9. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    The latest referral I sent out said apply by dec 31, 2012.

10. flyerfrog

flyerfrog Active Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, what I meant to say was the 50K bonus after 3K spend has been around since january, and that it was referenced in that thread. The 50K bonus for 1K spend was from last year and those links are no longer even working.