Recap of All Current HHonors Promos - Have You Already Registered?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by NYCUA1K, Mar 22, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    This thread is meant to be a quick reference to make sure that one is getting all the bonus points that one should from all the HHonors promos that are currently running simultaneously, most of which are stackable. They are easy to lose track of, so here they are under the same "roof":

A. 03/01/2015 – 05/31/2015 (HH Q2 or 'Global' Promo):
    2X Points or Miles

B. Through 04/30/2015:
    2X Weekdays / 3X Weekends (TARGETED)

C. Through 12/31/2015:
    Three Concurrent Promos for Stays at Conrad or W=A
    1. 5,000 Bonus Points for any Stay of 2 Nights or More.
    2. Up to 10,000 Bonus Points for 3 Stays:

1st stay = 2,000 bonus points
    2nd stay = 3,000 bonus points
    3rd stay = 5,000 bonus points​
    3. 2,000 Points/Night

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Isn't there one currently involving DL miles?

uggboy likes this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are many HHonors promos for earning airline miles only. The focus here is on promos that award HHonors points, although the 'Global' Q2 promo offers the option to earn either HH points or miles for many participating airlines.

uggboy likes this.
  4. Abidjan

Abidjan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Already registered, but wanted to thank you NYCUA1K for doing this.

uggboy, Dublin_rfk and NYCUA1K like this.
  5. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if the WA/Conrad promotions include award stays and/or points and money stays. I could infer "yes" from reading the landing pages of the promotions.

I have an award stay coming up at the El Con in Fajardo, PR.

uggboy likes this.
  6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The answer "yes" and that is something that's peculiar about most HHonors promo. One earns points even on award stays, especially when the promo bonus points are not tied to any spend at the hotel -- even then, one still earns promo points on incidentals.

uggboy likes this.
  7. WhiteDesert

Status Points:
    That's what I would have figured based on my previous experience with Honors promotions, and it's certainly what I would have inferred based on the text in the links that you provided above. That said, I always remain cautious. I'm glad we interpret the information in the same way.

uggboy, WilliamQ and NYCUA1K like this.
  8. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's good to be cautious. However, I have had experience with this particular WA/Conrad promo because it's simply an extension or continuation of the same from last year, and I did earn associated bonus points on an award stay at Conrad HKG in January, just before it was reissued...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    uggboy, WilliamQ and Thomask like this.
  9. WhiteDesert

Status Points:
    And that is pretty sweet. I have six nights booked.

uggboy and WilliamQ like this.
  10. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ka-ching :D

uggboy and WhiteDesert like this.
  11. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup, you'll strike gold with that. Here's my evidence that both the 2K-point and the 10K- point WA/Conrad promos are good on award stays. The chance of the 5K-point for 2 nights or more promo being good on award stays is thus also excellent...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    uggboy likes this.
  12. WhiteDesert

Status Points:
    Hmmm...I'm doing five nights on points and a sixth as a points and money night. Now I'm pondering cancelling that last night at the El Con and instead walking across the courtyard to Las Casitas, which would yield another Diamond bonus of 1K, another stay credit, and might net that 3K bonus for a second WA stay (of the 10K promo).
    Hmmm...

13. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you participate in last years 3 stay up to 10K promo.. This unfortunately does not reset but is a real extension from last year. I got the 10K last year and my 2 Conrad stays this year did not requalify for it. 2K per night and 5K per 2 nights is great. Together with the Global double points promo, your 6 nights is a points fountain.. :)

uggboy and NYCUA1K like this.
  14. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have done 2 of the 3 stays, so that my Conrad HKG stay coming up in June would be my 3rd, which would get me the 5K points of the 10K promo.

15. WhiteDesert

Status Points:
    No, I didn't participate in it last year. In fact, I had only registered for two of the three of these promos until NYCUA1K started this thread (whereas I stay in Hilton properties all the bloody time, I find that I rarely have Conrad or WA stays).

Points fountains are nice, and this one will be especially welcome :) I just burned 100,000 for some friends who are coming to visit me at the end of the month, and this PR trip is going to eat 200,000 or 220,000, depending on what I decide to do with that last night. I know that I need to be much better about burning, but even with that knowledge in mind, logging in and seeing my balance at 265,000 still pains. Bleh.

16. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    For HH Diamonds who received 100,000 bonus points + 2x points extra per night during the week & 3x points per night during the weekend (Fri-Sun) [Promo B in OP], I just got the first points associated with the 2x/3x part of the promo and here's how HH figures out how many points to award.

Suppose B is the number of base points one got for a stay of N nights total consisting of 'x' nights during the week and 'y' nights during the weekend so that N = x + y.

To figure out the 2x/3x promo points we will first need to calculate the nightly rate, which will simply be the number of base points (B) for the stay divided by the total number of nights (N) = B/N. For '2x' one receives B/n points for x nights and for '3x' one receives 2*B/N for y nights. Putting it together yields this simple equation:

2x/3x promo points = B/N * (x + 2*y).

A concrete example:
    I stayed for N = 3 nights at Hilton Budapest, Wed - Fri (checking out Sat). That's 2 nights during the week = x; and 1 night (Fri) during the weekend = y.
    Earned base points B = 5,517 (the stay cost just under $600 including taxes).

2x/3x promo bonus points = 5,517/3 * (2 + 2*1) = 7,356

The promo earned more than the base. My total haul for the 3-night stay, including bonus points from Promos A & B, 50% Diamond bonus, 50% points+points double-dipping, 1000 Diamond MyWay, 500 AMEX booking and 8,300 for paying with the AMEX Surpass:
    • 33,706 for just 3 nights and spending a total of $577 -- an astounding earning rate of 58 points/$.
    • Remarkably, my total haul without the promo would have been only about 18,500, so that the promo points account for 45% of the total haul...
    I am reloading and repeating for a more expensive 5-night stay at Embassy Suites Chicago starting next Saturday...

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    uggboy and Thomask like this.
  17. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is an update to report the truly astoundingly large number of points I just earned for a 4-night stay in Chicago, April 25-29. It also shows why I thought it was a good idea to start this thread so that we can keep track of all the various promos that are now running concurrently.

I had initially booked a 4-night stay at Embassy Suites Downtown Lakefront in Windy City. Incredibly, however, the suite that I had been assigned at ES turned out not to have a working wireless internet connection! The property's IT looked at the issue and concluded that the problem was with the location of the suite [low floor, near an elevator bank -- some elite recognition!].

I was not about to stay in a hotel room without internet connection for 4 nights so I requested to be moved to a different suite. However, the hotel was booked to capacity so that they could not move me to a different suite. Something had to give. The property manager then offered to move me to another nearby Hilton property. The Drake? Palmer House? Hampton Inn Magnificent Mile? In the end I asked to be moved to Conrad Chicago, which was just a 5-min walk away. This would turn out to be very lucrative, not only because of the currently running WA/Conrad promos, but also because the Conrad was a much nicer property with high speed internet, where I scored an upgrade to a corner King Deluxe Suite (second best after the presidential suite) without asking!

Anyway, I got back home late last evening and less than 24 hour later, the points for the stay have already posted:
    CONRAD-ORD.png

The total, as posted was: 115,208 HHonors for just 4 nights. The red arrows highlight the points from the various promos, which are clearly stackable.Promo B, which earned me the most points is the 2x weekdays/3x weekend promo.

Next, I decided to ensure that I had been awarded all the promo and bonus points that I am supposed to get. Everything seemed kosher except that the 5,000 bonus points for my 3rd stay of the 10K/3-stay @ W=A/Conrad promo (promo C.2 in the OP) were missing, as were 500 points for booking and paying with my AMEX Surpass -- a recurring problem that got me a promise for 2,500 points when it was recently resolved in my favor.

I got on the phone with Diamond Desk and a very helpful CSR, who seemed to be on top of it all quickly awarded me the missing 5,500 points, to bring my total for the 4-night stay to 120,708 points!

And that is not all. I reminded the CSR about the 2,500 points that I was promised. She looked into it and said that she found a note in my account indicating that I should be awarded to these points after my next qualifying next, which this one was, and that the 2,500 points should show up within 72 business hours, after which my total haul for the 4-night stay would be: 123,208 points.

Is that it? Not at all! Around May 19 when my AMEX Surpass statement for April is issued I expect to earn additional 28,202 points from the 12points/$ that the Surpass awards for stays at Hilton properties.

My total haul after that? A whopping 151,410 HH points for the 4-night stay, which is truly lucrative! :):cool:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    mtlfire, Thomask and uggboy like this.
  18. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Conrad Chicago is one of the best Hilton properties in Chicago, along with the Waldorf. The rooms are nice and modern, and Diamonds are given suite upgrades so long as space is available. To show how thee hotel anticipates guest needs, they have sound machines at the front desk which will drown outside noise from traffic and sirens along Michigan Avenue. I used the white noise option on the Brookstone sound machine, and I did not hear any of the sirens along Michigan Ave and had a good night's sleep.

I hope you have opportunity to return to the Conrad Chicago NYCUA1K, or maybe even the Waldorf, but I find the Conrad to be one of the best valued Hilton hotels in Chicago.

19. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice. I am starting a 2 night stay myself at Conrad Centennial. Should get the 2,000 per night and 5,000 for 2 nights. A nice 9,000 bonus. :)

20. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I fully agree about Conrad Chicago. It will henceforth be at the top of my list of properties to book in Chicago...

uggboy likes this.
  21. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will reload and redo a Conrad stay at the end of June when I will do a 7-night stay at Conrad HK and will earn 19,000 extra from the promos (14,000 will be from the 2K/nite and 5,000 from the 2+-nite promos).

uggboy likes this.
  22. Abidjan

Abidjan Silver Member

Status Points:
    really like these promos. icing on the cake.

uggboy likes this.
  23. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  24. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    How was your stay and have you received your expected/calculated bonus?
    Cheers. :)

WilliamQ likes this.
  25. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:

WOW, GREAT EARNINGS!

WhiteDesert, uggboy and WilliamQ like this.