Rebooked on a diff carrier

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by rookie10, Feb 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. rookie10

rookie10 Silver Member

Status Points:
    DL rebooked me on United due to a cancelled flight. I tweeted DL assist to see if I could fly on DL metal only since I needed the MQMs. They informed me that I would receive credit. I have no status with united and am silver with US Air. Should I give United my mileage account so I can get miles credited to both airlines?

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you can double-dip. If you prefer US miles, you can even give them your US #.

3. rookie10

rookie10 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. This change has me coming in 3 hrs past my orig. scheduled time. I may call them to find alternatives. Plus United has me in the middle all the way back.

4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    When you write to DL for credit, ask for "original routing credit." Don't mention that you got miles on UA.

A preferred seat assignment isn't really the carrier's priority. Getting you on another flight is. Since you're not a status pax on UA, tough to see you sitting in E+.

If you care on AA points, put the UA flight on your US account and presumably it will merge into AA if their deal goes through.

rookie10 and GoodBoy like this.
  5. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, being rebooked by the carrrier on a different one in a different alliance is like hitting the lottery -- double payoff!

rookie10, BuckleandBoots and GoodBoy like this.
  6. BuckleandBoots

BuckleandBoots Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's a little late at this point, but you can always try to ask nicely at the gate for a seat change. Especially if they rebooked you into a Y-Class ticket (as happens sometimes with last minute changes).

rookie10 likes this.
  7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The OP's *A *Silver status from US is slightly better than nothing on US. Having that show on th boarding pass, or discretely handing the GA the card with the current boarding pass when requesting a better seat might help a bit. Then again, the GA might be too busy to bother.

rookie10 likes this.