Really Delta? I had to cheat on you...sort of

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by FetePerfection, Nov 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been searching 4-EVER for multi-city flights for next May. I have back-to-back weddings in Italy and France and although I'd love to wrack up the miles, I have to be in two cities within 2 days of each other so flying home and back doesn't make sense, nor do I want to pay the extra $$$ to do so. Anyway, I started searching online travel agencies and was able to save $700 going this route. I am on AirFrance almost exclusively, but it's too bad my flights couldn't have been less expensive booking directly with Delta. So I feel as though I was forced to cheat on Delta. Why did you make me do this?

MSYgirl likes this.
  2. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    No MQD either. Oh well. DL fares on AF metal are usually more but not always.

3. FetePerfection
    Original Member

Status Points:
    NO MQD!?! Rats...

4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's always the 24h cancel and rebook. ;)

5. MikeMpls
    Original Member

MikeMpls Gold Member

Status Points:
    For intra-European flights months ahead, we use a third-party site (e.g. Travelocity) or tool (beta.itasoftware.com) and watch for deals. For one trip we booked a four-segment open jaw seven months out on LH @ $50/segment, and when IROPS hit, LH really rocked despite the dirt-cheap tickets.

I once tried to meet up w/ my wife for a DO in FRA (I was already toing to be in Sweden) and then fly her on to Sweden to join me. I gave up trying to book that with Delta -- way too expensive. We ended up skipping the DO & meeting up in Stockholm.

For Italy & France, you've got Air France & Alitalia, sound like you already discovered the direct booking approach!!!

SkyPesos aren't worth the effort.

Regarding MQD, aren't you exempt with the right credit card?

icurhere2 likes this.
  6. FetePerfection
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yep booked on Travelocity. You're right Mike, I have the right cc and forgot about the exemption. Now I don't feel so bad....she hums to "raindrops"...