REALLY confused about the SFO meetings

Discussion in 'Talk To Me' started by squeakrad, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. squeakrad
    Original Member

squeakrad Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was not invited to join the community by Randy, (Which I'm a little sad about but ...) I was invited by another member who just forwarded me the email they got. Now that member has fiorwarded me an email abotu SFO meetings and I have no idea if I am invited or not or ? Can RP or someone please clarify. I understand Tommy is running the SFO meetings?

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am sure you are invited just show up at HR SFO on Sat, especially if you can bring your friend Mr. President along.

3. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    I'm sorry you are disappointed, it sure isn't Randy's fault.

Actually, Gleff, Pizza and I have been responsible for inviting a small group of people (about 20) to participate in the beta testing this month, people we are close to and they have then helped us spread the word.

milepoint.com has spread like wildfire, more than we could ever dream of.

Just to make it clear: EVERYONE is welcome to participate in everything that happens in here!

So I would be more than grateful if you could show up in San Francisco! I would love to buy you a drink myself to make you feel even more welcome.

Freddie Listo likes this.
  4. techgirl
    Original Member

techgirl Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Don't feel sad. I felt the same way until I realized that it was a very small group and that the rest of us WAY outnumber those formerly cool kids now. [​IMG]

I'm kidding... I'm kidding. (Or am I?!) [​IMG]

Jim and Pat89339 like this.
  5. Mary2e
    Original Member

Mary2e Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got an invite with the info about the SFO, DC, & NYC meeting from one of the original 20 beta testers. I don't know if Randy actually invited anyone.

lin821 likes this.
  6. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Apologies to you all and any others. I made a conscious decision to not extend an invitation to anyone (except some of the example companies listed in ConcourseZ and that was just recently to help me test the idea). While I know all of you, I just wanted to be respectful to where I was coming from. I'm not trying to steal talent. Fact is that over the years many have always said, "Let me know if i can ever help you with anything Randy." I hate asking for help with anything—likely a guy thing. Gary, Tommy and Ed jumped to the call when we were discussing how best to build content. I and they could have but it would have still taken a little while. When it was mentioned to ask our friends to come and help, they each will tell you that I made it a point that could not and would not participate in that. So please don't take it personally that I didn't invite you, it just did not feel right for me personally to "head hunt." Now, having said that, i'm sure glad you are here and appreciate your offer to help.

7. Rich
    Original Member

Rich Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not offended at all -- I'm used to being a, ahem, gate-crasher.

RicGarrido and cockpitvisit like this.
  8. magic111
    Original Member

magic111 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Usually my arm has to be twisted like crazy to get me to do anything. Received three invites before I decided to see what was happening. .[​IMG]

Pat89339 likes this.