really awful response

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by AdamEfimoff, Jun 3, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. I thought this email was very bad
    With motorized scooters & all sorts of other conveniences to improve access
    & mobility, I don’t see how merely being “unfit” as you categorize it would
    be an impediment to seeing everything a “fit” person would see.

My suggestion, first pick the cities you wish to visit. Then see the
    attractions that interest you. Then hone in on the “getting around aspects”
    of same. Then come to us to select a luxury hotel to stay at in each city.

uggboy likes this.
  2. I said unfit not unmobile there is a BIG difference I go to university and no I do not use mobility scooters

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing, but what was your e-mail and how does the reply given above relate to your questions you had, plus whom have you written and which answers did you expect to your questions? We need insights...otherwise it's difficult to get the full picture.

anileze likes this.
  4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like you were asking them for more than they could reasonably provide. if you expressed concern about mobility and yhey are not equipped to handle that as part of their normal business, what exactly did you expect?

You have a way of making demands that no business can profitably meet.

5. I think they should have asked more questions without sounding rude

6. I am just wondering about the United States and what are the best things to see for two unfit adults.

that was the original question

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
  7. Neither I or my mum cannot walk we do not use scooters wheelchairs or any other electronic device to get around. And neither of us are disabled physically to prohibit us from moving. I walk to work and stand in my job as a kitchen hand. I personally thought the travel agent thought I just sit at home all day and do nothing or bed ridden. I am not sure where he gets that from. I said unfit to highlight I am not walking millions of kilometers any time soon and am not a jogger. But I can walk around cities theme parks and use public transport as can my mum. I found quite rude to presume anything but I am fat. I do not do university online I physically go to university and I do walk 5 kilometers 3 times a week to loose my weight. I am not sure anything i my message said I was an invalid.

8. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are not in business to waste time. If they feel like you're asking and will keep asking questions that they can't answer (or can't without going well outside of their area of expertise/business...they have every right to politely let you know, as they did, that they aren't in position to help with those items.

You are communicating without any clarity, and appear to be making an unreasonable request, and whining when they don't kowtow to you. They (rightly) feel that it is probably not worth their time to work with you.

9. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is the context ? Is this thread implicitly referencing another drama ?

10. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suspect that there was little or no context. Adam probably sent an email with little more than "I am just wondering about the United States and what are the best things to see for two unfit adults. "

anileze likes this.
  11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Adam, as you might see from some of the confused responses here it's not really clear what the issue was. Perhaps you could rewrite your original message by

- first posting the email you sent to someone (taking out any personally identifiable information as appropriate)
    - the response you got
    - your concerns about it

anileze and edekba like this.