Reading books keeps business travelers sane

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Jul 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/flights/2013/07/15/in-flight-reading-kindle-books/2518785/

Frequent business traveler flier Margaret Bowles disregards in-flight entertainment options and pulls out her Kindle on nearly every flight.

Bowles, a lawyer in Winter Park, Colo., is now reading Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander — one of more than 60 books she has read while flying during the past 18 months.

"I absolutely love to read, and the only chance I get to do it is while I am on a plane," she says.
    Reading a book makes travel enjoyable for many frequent fliers. It can make them appreciate the free time afforded by constant air travel and make them forget the associated stress and discomfort. It may also lead to some interesting interactions with strangers.

Read More: http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/flights/2013/07/15/in-flight-reading-kindle-books/2518785/

anileze and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    On a Kindle, I see. ;) << Looking at real paper books now >> :D

anileze likes this.
  3. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    It can get heavy on an international trip stretching a couple of weeks. I love the kindle too. But there is a medium-hazzard with kindle/ipad on long flights. With books, I doze off and the book slips off my hand (Has happened in numerous occasions, in my couch as well as a plane)

But with kindle I worry someday I'd break it this way !

uggboy likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting hazzard, I haven't thought about this one, usually I can do away with the book before taking a nap, but I don't own a kindle nor any other tablet device.

During flights, I usually doze off watching a movie / news on the AVOD IFE system.

anileze likes this.