Reach Preferred status faster - 6,000 Preferred-qualifying miles

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by VeryGoodPoints, Oct 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. VeryGoodPoints

VeryGoodPoints Silver Member

I got this email today - it does look to be targeted

In my opinion, this doesn't seem like a great deal. In my case, I currently have 62,000 PQMs on USAirways and I'm a Chairman. I can use US Air's Buy Up program today and pay $1349 to maintain Chairman status through Feb 2014. With the offer below, I would have to spend $1750 to get an additional 6k PQMs which would bring me to 68,000 PQMs this year and no closer to Chairman. (it also just so happens that I'll be earning ~27k miles in October so I'll likely have to pay around $500-600 to Buy Up to Chairman status at year end)

But maybe it would make sense for others -

Reach for the next level Earn up to 6,000 Preferred-qualifying miles*

Reach your Preferred goals faster. When you buy miles October 1 − 31, 2012, you’ll get up to 6,000 Preferred-qualifying miles as a bonus. Buy now to quickly reach your next Preferred status.

• Buy 10,000 – 19,000 miles, get 500 PQMs
    • Buy 20,000 – 29,000 miles, get 1,000 PQMs
    • Buy 30,000 – 39,000 miles, get 3,000 PQMs
    • Buy 40,000 – 49,000 miles, get 5,000 PQMs
    • Buy 50,000 miles, get 6,000 PQMs
    Sean Colahan and Jimgotkp like this.
  2. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

might make sense if it combines with the 100% buy bonus and also 100% share bonus
    Sean Colahan likes this.
  3. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Don't think they actually want to you analyze the cost/benefit here;)
  4. ghall3

ghall3 Silver Member

The cost might work out if you are super close to the tier you want to get to but won't hit it this year AND are within a few thousand of a reward ticket that you want to use before your next purchased flight. Other than those specific circumstances I think it's a pass...but I haven't actually done the math yet.