Reach Gold/Maintain Silver?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Lauwchen, Nov 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Lauwchen

Lauwchen Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello everyone,

I'm a HH Silver member and fairly new to HHonors.
    When I look at my account overview, it says 'Reach Gold this year with 3 more stays'. However, at the Elite status progress section there's this: To maintain Silver status in 2014, you need 3 more stays.
    So my silly question is: which one is it or am I misinterpreting something?

Thanks in advance :)

Sweet Willie and TravelTurtle like this.
  2. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm did you participate in any Gold challenge?

I got the same message after I signed up for the Gold challenge. So it'll mean that after completing 4 stays at Hilton properties, you'll be upgraded to Gold.

3. Lauwchen

Lauwchen Active Member

Status Points:
    Yes I did participate in a gold challenge. Thanks for answering :)

4. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    The first time that I reached HHonors Gold, I did so through a challenge. The elite progress tracker thing on the webpage never synched up with the fact that I had done a challenge. That year, I stayed at Hilton properties enough times to earn Gold through one of the normal routes, and the elite progress tracker dutifully reflected my progress. There was never any indication on the website that I had signed up for a challenge or was progressing in it or anything--I merely received Gold benefits from the get-go. It sounds to me as though you're having a similar experience.

Hilton provides a pile of ways to reach Dublin; the website isn't sophisticated enough to track them all.

My prediction (based on not all that much data...) is that your challenge progress is likely progressing as intended and that things are fine.