Re flagging of properties

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by bigboofer, Mar 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. bigboofer

bigboofer Active Member

Status Points:
    I received a notice that the Hampton Inn at LAX has left the Hilton chain, or will not be available after March 1 from Hilton, but I could call the property and rebook or rebook through Hilton. OK, a franchise can leave for many reasons but this is the second time that I received the notice 7 days before the property left and I needed to rebook. Shouldn't Hilton have more notice of a property leaving then 7 days and as a VIP member why not walk my reservation to another property?

The first time the franchise opened a new property and wanted to raise the rate I was paying since the new property was only three blocks from the old and they where doubling the rate. This time was a reward booking and if I wanted to keep it I would have to pay the additional points for any of the other Hilton properties at LAX.

I beginning to think that a reservation at Hilton could be meaningless since they could drop you at anytime with little notice that you might not receive if traveling. Has anybody been treated this way at other major chains?

2. Mrs. Fredd
    Original Member

Mrs. Fredd Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hilton must have known. We tried to book this property back on Feb 14 for a May stay, but couldn't get it to come up on the Hilton website. Finally found it and it said "no availability". Finally gave up and are staying at the Westin.
    Quite annoying that they didn't give you an early heads-up.

3. servus
    Original Member

servus Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. bigboofer

bigboofer Active Member

Status Points:
    Since my e-mail from Hilton was dated February 22 WE must have known before March 1. I can't believe that Hilton would allow franchise to bolt on 6 days notice. This property is now listed as a Wyndham with a lot of construction going on so somebody knew something.

My point is that Hilton doesn't really care about its reservations if they always dump the problem on the traveler. The answer was to walk my reward stay to the garden inn and eat the 5000 point difference, not rebook as a new reservation.

My move to starwood is looking better all the time