Re-book Stays When Status Improves?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Explore, Dec 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll be Diamond once again by the end of the year. I have some stays booked beyond that period. I know Hilton's computer systems used to be weak, and wouldn't recognize certain account changes after a reservation is booked.

In the new year, will hotels still see me as a Gold member unless I re-book the stays when I become a
    Diamond?

Thanks....

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've never checked into a hotel and not had my status recognized -- at one point last year, I dropped from Diamond to Silver and they thanked me for being Silver.... (gee thanks a lot !)

When I worked my way back up to Gold, they recognized it the next afternoon when I checked into my next hotel.

DTWBOB

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    they should show up as diamond when you check in, although it never hurts to call in advance and advise them that you are a diamond and would like an upgrade.

4. wombat18
    Original Member

wombat18 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had good success with this, as it gives the hotel a chance to recognize your diamond status early and to have something a little special waiting for you. Oh, but wait, it's a Hilton, right?

marcwint55 and funtrainsf like this.
  5. funtrainsf

funtrainsf Silver Member

Status Points:
    Love this part of your reply. LOVE IT!

6. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Other than an upcoming reservation at the Waldorf in Shanghai, I have never failed to get a suite upgrade at a Hilton. The Waldorf in Shanghai told me they would TRY to get me a deluxe river view upgrade. That was quite disappointing, but it is a Waldorf.

7. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    there is only 1 Waldorf and that is in New York anything outside of that is a "trying to be Waldorf", Oh, but wait, it's a Hilton, right?