RCC membership from UA Club Visa via 2009 125K Elite Choice

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by bta, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. bta
    Original Member

bta Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I got RCC membership via the Chase Club Visa card. in 2009 there was a 125K Elite Choice that provided a fee waiver for the annual fee.

Its getting somewhat close to the time where that annual fee will be posted again. I know that cancelling the card will lead to cancellation of the RCC membership, so I'm hoping to time it properly to keep it as simple as possible. My intent is to renew RCC, but cancel the card.

Curious if others are in a similar situation.

2. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you g:) into the RCC to add onto your existing membership, can/will they remove the linkage with the credit card? I'd probably go that route.

3. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    iirc, most credit cards will allow you a 30 day grace period, thus allowing you to wait a month longer to cancel your card with a full refund of the annual fee.

However, be sure to read your card's T&Cs to confirm such a grace period exists & also check the united.com, to ensure that your RCC club dues are not set to be charged to your card automatically.

In the event your CC has no such grace period, the best bet is to wait and cancel the card on the date the annual fee payment is due.

btw, if you decided to renew your RCC membership, you have 30 days after it's expiration to do so at the same rates. After that, they consider it a new membership and current (and likely higher) due rates apply.

4. bta
    Original Member

bta Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the comments