RCC Access Question - International Travel with Family

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Explore, May 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK, so here's the situation. I am traveling with two family members on one PNR. We are traveling from SFO to YHZ, connecting at ORD. We are all upgraded to First on both legs. Both legs are on United. No one is an RCC member, but I am *G.

Do we all have RCC access at SFO and/or ORD?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    *G gets you and one guest access at SFO and ORD "in conjunction with a same-day international itinerary."

I do not believe that UA considers Canada international for purposes of F lounge access but I'm sure someone will correct that if I'm wrong. If they do then it could mean access in SFO and ORD or ORD only because the policies are strange that way.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I see you're UA 1K, but are you also *G on some airline other than UA/CO/US?

4. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    This page suggests that you do have domestic RCC access when traveling in F between the US and Canada, regardless of status. As WA says, rules can be weird, so I don't know if this means access just at the gateway city or throughout your itinerary.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    That list is for RCC members.

Only matters if UA considers Canada domestic for *G which I'm not sure they can do (or actually do). But that still only permits one guest.

It is going to hinge on whether Canada is international for F access. I just do not know if it is or not.

6. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    UA definitely considers Canada international for *G lounge access. Not sure about F to the great white north.

Wandering Aramean likes this.