RBC Rewards~ no AC/AE miles given while using their points

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by londoncalling, Oct 22, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is apparently old news but I just found out the hard way that RBC reward tickets bought on AC ticket stock , or any *A airline will not generate Aeroplan miles of any kind. I recently bought two tickets to Asia using their points and was given a heads up by a friend that I would not receive the AE miles. When I called the RBC travel people they reluctantly told me that was true. After escalating the file to more senior people in the agency they agreed to cancel my tickets and refund the money spent and the RBC points which are now effectively useless to me unless I transfer them to BA which I might do.
    This change is a shame because I have good success with RBC points in the past and always got my full AE miles.I believe this is a result of pressure from other bank cards which are Aeroplan branded. Sort of makes sense for Aeroplan but AC loses out here which now makes me realize that taking over the FF program takes away some major issues with AE for AC.

YULtide likes this.