Rate Virgin America Elevate

Discussion in 'Virgin America | Elevate' started by Lynda, Jul 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Lynda
    Original Member

Lynda Milepoint Staff

Status Points:
    InsideFlyer magazine is reviewing Virgin America Elevate in our September issue and would like your input.

If you would like to participate, please post your response in the thread with the pros and cons of membership in Elevate and grade the program from A to F (A being the highest grade). You can include a plus or minus with the rating.

You can respond directly to the editors at InsideFlyer at lynda@insideflyer.com if you would prefer.

We look at earning ability, award choices, partnerships, elite-level program, rules & conditions, customer service, online service and the general pluses and minuses of being a member. You can rate any or all of these categories.
    Thank you. You can see the completed review at InsideFlyer.com in September.

2. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    D

And I think you will find many on Milepoint will give it an F.

Simply, the earning ability is too stingy, and elite benefits inadequate.

I give it a passing grade not because I think it is useful, but because the earning/burning is transparent enough for a casual user to make use of it. For the more sophisticated user, it sucks out loud.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can't imagine that its existence is a factor in many people's selection of VX for a particular flight.

desamo likes this.
  4. Lynda
    Original Member

Lynda Milepoint Staff

Status Points:
    Anyone else want to evaluate Elevate, especially since they just announced a status program? How would you rate them from F to A? Thanks.

5. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, I;m not anyone else, as I have already commented, but the existence of an elite status (as I understand VA's to be) still rates is a D. For transcontinentals, anyone with the smallest bit of sense who does enough transcontinentals to become elite on ANY airline, should avoid a FF program which rewards based on revenue and not mileage.

To me, VA remains a glorified rebate program.

6. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Frankly, I don't want a frequent flyer program named after a Dalek saying.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  7. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Elevate! Elevate!

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

desamo likes this.