Rate US Airways Dividend Miles

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Lynda, Nov 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Lynda
    Original Member

Lynda Milepoint Staff

InsideFlyer magazine is reviewing US Airways Dividend Miles in our January issue and would like your input.

If you would like to participate, please post your response in the thread with the pros and cons of membership in Dividend Miles and grade the program from A to F (A being the highest grade). You can include a plus or minus with the rating.

You can also respond directly to the editors at InsideFlyer at lynda@insideflyer.com if you would prefer.

Thank you.
    Quasiconvexity likes this.
  2. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Quasiconvexity Gold Member

I dont have tremendous experience redeeming Dividend miles but my observations are as follows:

Strengths: ease of accrual (various promotions), ability to put awards on hold
    Weaknesses: No one-way awards, Lack of flexibility with respect to changes once trip starts (if I remember correctly)

Overall, I would rate the program a solid B+
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Huge flexibility in earning, regular promotions to outright purchase miles (though they've raised the price of purchased miles twice recently) as well as exciting promotions like Grand Slam.

Great award redemption ability through Star Alliance, however lack of one-way awards or ability to change awards easily is a drawback compared to United/Continental.

Not a huge fan of flying the airline per se, but the program is spot on solid. Agree B+.
    LETTERBOY and Quasiconvexity like this.