Rate Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by Darcie, Jan 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Darcie
    Original Member

Darcie Silver Member

Status Points:
    InsideFlyer magazine is reviewing Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles in our March issue and would like your input.

If you would like to participate, please post your response in the thread with the pros and cons of membership in Miles&Smiles and grade the program from A to F (A being the highest grade). You can include a plus or minus with the rating.

You can also respond directly to the editors at InsideFlyer at jill@insideflyer.com if you would prefer.

Thank you.

GoodBoy and liviu.hancu like this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do not use their FF program, but I have had very good experiences with their domestic and European flights in business class, including their lounge at IST. Grade of A- for these flights.

oisilak likes this.
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Turkish has a really appealing elite qualification program. After 40,000 status miles in 12 months you earn Star Alliance Gold for 2 years and have to accumualte just 37,500 status miles during those two years to re-qualify, or 25,000 in one year (though not all discounted fares on all partners are mileage earning -- all CO/UA fares earn at 100% but not all US fares do).

There are some great award values like business class from North America to the Middle East for 90,000 miles and to India for 100,000.

You can top off with transfers from Hyatt, you can credit car rentals, you can double dip with HIlton....

This is really not a bad little program. :)

A solid B+.

oisilak likes this.
  4. Aws3ya

Aws3ya New Member

Status Points:
    Too good to be true! but down on the Ground in Istanbul and on the Air the service sucks big time, arrogant ground Staff and cabin crew. I am wondering why they won Europe's Best Airlines. Been an elite Gold member for a while now and still not an upgrade from TK. Lufthansa is a lot better n taking care of their FF members.

D- from me.

oisilak likes this.
  5. Xamis

Xamis New Member

Status Points:
    Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles is very good in Europe and Africa with smiling faces.

rolly_ching and gleff like this.
  6. Borwuk

Borwuk New Member

Status Points:
    Very generous in spending miles. If you plan ahead, you can easıly fly one way business for 15000 miles in Europe. Turkish lounge has no match in Europe. You can not even compare to other lounges. Very very good. Solid A

7. maslan

maslan New Member

Status Points:
    Turkish Airline is the best experience so far on my frequent visits to USA.
    An A++ from me....Thanks Turkish Airline...

8. coolistanbul

coolistanbul New Member

Status Points:
    I have been a member of the miles and smiles programme and have been very lucky in January, to get a free upgrade to Business class from Seoul to Istanbul. It was very good and enjoyable, and I had a good few hours sleep.
    Turkish gets A++ from me. For all the members who think their staff is arrogant, just learn a few words in Turkish, like Thank you and please - tesekür ederim, lütfen. It helps to bring an appreciative smile.

9. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    How it the flight from ICN to IST? I'm going to do the same route in a few months... with my kids!

10. Kubiek

Kubiek New Member

Status Points:
    Turkish Airline is the best way to fly to Asia with good comfort from Europe for a reasonable price!
    An A+ from my side ! Thanks to Turkish Airlines.

11. SaltyJ

SaltyJ New Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone had any experience getting a Status Match with Turkish Airlines "Miles&Smiles"? DO you have an email address that you sent your info to, to achieve the match?

12. rolly_ching

rolly_ching New Member

Status Points:
    Its my first time in Turkish Airlines,I have a nice Flights from Dammam to Tripoli and I will recommend it to my friends.

13. bernie67

bernie67 New Member

Status Points:
    Take a T.A several time last years , NEVER on time , when we was lucky just 3 hours waiting on tha plane , whit no A.C , and even not one glass of water . I hone never again , take a bus in calcutta city is a better experience

14. anomadtoo

anomadtoo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know how/where on the Turkish Air website to change your frequent flyer number on a reserved ticket??

Right now I have my US Airways Gold FF# notated on my ticket; but I'm thinking to putting my Turkish Air Gold FF# on it now, in hopes to get a free upgrade to business class on a flight w/in Europe. Then if the upgrade clears, change my FF# back to US Air.

Thank you for responding and input all

15. sshussain

sshussain New Member

Status Points:
    Turkish Airlines has the best service among European airlines. I have flown it many times from Pakistan to Europe and their service in Business Class is EXEMPLARY , even on intra Europe flights where other European airlines have pathetic service

They also have a very good frequent flyer program , Miles and Smiles. Although one bad point about this FF program is that they do not give bonus miles to Gold or Platinum members when they fly in Economy Class, they only get bonus miles if they fly Business Class. This i think is a bit unfair on these elite members as a lot of airlines give bonus status miles to their elite members in Economy Class also . I think Turkish Airlines should correct this flaw in their frequent flyer program.

16. anomadtoo

anomadtoo Silver Member

Status Points:
    can anyone comment on the likelihood to get upgraded on Turkish Air on a S/H class purchased ticket; I have their Elite status.

17. anomadtoo

anomadtoo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone at all??