Rate Spirit Airlines FREE SPIRIT

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | North America' started by Darcie, Apr 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Darcie
    Original Member

Darcie Silver Member

Status Points:
    We are going to review FREE SPIRIT in the June issue of InsideFlyer magazine and would like your input.

If you would like to participate, please post your response in the thread with the pros and cons of membership in FREE SPIRIT and grade the program from A to F (A being the highest grade). You can include a plus or minus with the rating.

You can also respond directly to me at dmankell@insideflyer.com.
    Thank you!

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    It'd probably be best -- in the interest of fairness -- if you specified that only people that have actually flown Spirit would contribute, as it's likely you'd have people "review" something that they have never used, based solely on negative information they've heard from another party.

Personally I've flown Spirit twice from New York to Florida. The price is hard to argue with if you're looking for ultra low budget last minute stuff, but the product is definitely in the "you get what you pay for" category. Horrible pitch and lackluster features, combined with additional fees for everything will quickly make you realize that it's probably better to go with another carrier.

They get a solid C, maybe C- in my experience.

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I'd agree with the C-. I think of Free Spirit the same way I think of Greyhound Road Rewards. Your 'reward' for flying Spirit a whole bunch is that you have to fly Spirit even more. That's hardly the sort of aspirational award I look for in a frequent flyer program.

Funny thing is that the program itself is probably better than the airline.