RANT: Where did the pretzels go in the FRA T1 Tower Lounge?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by joelfreak, Feb 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. joelfreak
    Original Member

joelfreak Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am now at the Tower lounge in FRA, waiting for my UA flight, and I was informed they no longer have pretzels?! How is this possible? I thought it was German LAW they must serve sausages and pretzels?! I have been dreaming about those hot delicious pretzels for the last 5 days. With no free wifi, and no pretzels, whats the value?! :) They do have one of those automagical pancake machines though...:)

2. synd
    Original Member

synd Silver Member

Status Points:
    you might want to give the other LH lounge a try if you have time. the A 26 lounge, downstairs might have some.

3. joelfreak
    Original Member

joelfreak Silver Member

Status Points:
    Once your in the tower lounge, you have officially left the EU, so you can't go back. :-(

4. synd
    Original Member

synd Silver Member

Status Points:
    i am not too sure in FRA but I thought you could go back and forth pretty easily. At least I have done so very often in CDG where the *A lounge is located outside of EU. The problem arise when trying to go to the tower lounge when you don't have a US flight for example but I don't think the opposite is an issue at all.

5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suggest a formal written complaint to LH. It is not possible that the pretzels have been "enhanced" away. :)

6. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think I saw pretzels there today. Maybe they are short of them on sundays due to some bakery laws from the past centuries?

TRAVELSIG and NewbieRunner like this.
  7. Flews
    Original Member

Flews Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure which LH lounge I was in Friday but they had oodles and oodles of pretzels. So don't worry, I had several for you, and you didn't have to worry about the carbs!

Cheers,