Rant: I hate price drops :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by viguera, Aug 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Booked DL from JFK to FLL about a month ago for travel late August and I'm seeing it now for $100 cheaper. Burns my ass.

Yeah that was a relatively small rant. :)

How do you guys deal with it, short of waiting and hoping for a price drop?

JohnDeere19, BurBunny and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes indeed, one of the world's money burning experiences better to be missed! We all live in hope of getting a great deal at all times, but not always! At least you can fly, be happy!:)

3. 7Continents
    Original Member

7Continents Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I'm non-refundable on a trip where there is no way the fare will drop more than the change fee, I stop looking. But if it make you feel better, I took an EWR flight because LGA was too high. The weekend after I booked, LGA became the same price as EWR+extra money I will be paying to get there. From where I'll be it's a lot more hassle. :( SIGH....

goheerow and viguera like this.
  4. druiddation
    Original Member

druiddation Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is one good think about Jetblue. When I see a price drop or sale on a ticket I've already purchased I give them a call and they issue a credit for the price difference towards future travel.

5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah my flight is now not only more expensive, but cheaper than 2 other direct flights earlier in the day. So had I waited I would have been able to get there earlier and save $200. Awesome. Not.

6. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    $200 is probably enough that you could absorb the change fee ($150 on UA I think?), save some money, and get there earlier. Not as good as saving $200, but better than a poke in the eye.

7. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    No no no.. it's two tickets, and right now they're $100 cheaper on DL, so total savings would be $200. A change would be $300, so it's just enough to remind me that I'm a sucka but not enough to actually make it worth changing.

Lose lose I tell you. :)

8. goheerow

goheerow Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree. Stop looking is the best option... but it's hard to do when you know you got burned.