Rangers-Devils Series Tied 1-1; Game 3 Scheduled for Saturday, May 19

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Canarsie, May 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    The New York Rangers are tied with the New Jersey Devils in the Eastern Conference Finals series of the National Hockey League at one game apiece, with Game 3 scheduled for Saturday at the Prudential Center in Newark.

Wait a minute — what in the world does this have to do with milepoint.com and travel in general?!?

Well, if you are one of the lucky people who is already holding a ticket for Game 3 and you registered by 5:00 yesterday afternoon, you and a guest will be flying on a complimentary 17-minute charter flight from Fiorello LaGuardia Airport in New York to Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey on Delta Air Lines tomorrow — and you get to return to LaGuardia Airport in New York after the game.

The flight includes the following:
    • Complimentary seats on this special charter flight, departing at 10:00 in the morning from the Marine Air Terminal
    • New York Rangers alumni Ron Duguay and Rod Gilbert will be aboard
    • New York Rangers gifts and prizes
    • Free ground transportation from Newark Airport to the Prudential Center, and return to New York after the game
    • The chance for a Lucky Seat to win a free road trip for two to a New York Rangers away game during the 2012-2013 season
    Seating was first-come, first serve and limited. I do not think that any of the passengers will earn miles on this free flight.

I am not sure of what aircraft Delta Air Lines will be using for the flight, nor do I know the reasons behind this novel promotion — perhaps it is a “re-positioning flight” that may as well be filled with passengers while simultaneously garnering publicity?

2. FredEX17

FredEX17 Silver Member

Status Points:
    WOW. Thanks for the info. Very interesting...
    GO RANGERS!!!

3. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Delta Air Lines Offering Rangers Fans The Inconvenience Of A Free Flight To Jersey
    A slightly different take on this:

perryplatypus and rwoman like this.
  4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    perryplatypus likes this.
  5. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I understand the need to ensure escape I mean transportation out of New Jersey! Go Rangers.

doc likes this.
  6. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    LGA-EWR would be a great line to have on a flightmemory.com map :)