Raise your hand if you are excited about taking a SW maxjet "aka" flying yellow schoolbus to hawaii

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards' started by ahappyelite, Oct 12, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. ahappyelite

ahappyelite Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. PaulOnion

PaulOnion Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm thirlled because then maybe the rest of the Fleet can come back round to the rest of us.

You know the guys and gals who paid the bills.

So we weren't always happy. We still paid. Have a great week all.

Think this is good for everybody.

From my perspective CA (aviation industry CA) taking an interest in FL was pure folly.

You have your ocean. We have ours. And despite the Canal, never the two shall meet.

3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking forward to it. It will be a great use of the companion pass and unlike Caribbean flights we will not have huge taxes on the return. For example the taxes on the return from the Bahamas is $99!

eponymous_coward likes this.
  4. ahappyelite

ahappyelite Silver Member

Status Points:
    Probably shouldn't count on that on the basis of the unfettered avarice of this industry which has killed or is killing everything good about travel. Possible future curveballs:
    Not valid to Hawaii
    Wholesale discontinuance
    Blackout dates, capacity controls other fine print.
    The only person who counts at LUV is the CFO and destroying air travel for enhanced revenue is what they do every day. Not going to giving anything away if they can sell it for a huge score. (A little like the generous options out of LHR with the huge taxes)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  5. PaulOnion

PaulOnion Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I'm sort of expecting the 5,000 point flight to suddenly be like 30,000.

What?

It's HAWAII.

I can see it coming.

Their attitude is "you can always stay home" so that's what I'll elect to do if they pull that.

Luckily I don't have to fly to maintain property in another locale.

6. Mrp Alert

Mrp Alert Silver Member

Status Points:
    An FA friend of mine posted a photo from the MAX flight she was about to work. It looked better than the A321NEOs I have flown on other LCCs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iolaire likes this.