Radisson won't honor information given on FB

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by Skyraider, May 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Skyraider

Skyraider Active Member

Status Points:
    As bloggers have pointed out ( http://boardingarea.com/blogs/mommy...osted-about-big-night-giveaway/#comment-94277
    http://boardingarea.com/blogs/dealswelike/2012/05/17/club-carlson-big-night-giveaway-promotion-updates/) Radisson has said that they won't honor the yes-answer to the question on whether existing reservations would be eligible for the Big Night Giveaway that they gave on Facebook - they have now even erased the post with the yes-answer and refused further comments.

I actually made a reservation based on the information provided on Facebook. I had an upcoming stay and feared that the rates might go up when the promo was launched. so I booked May 14th.

I would definitely have waited (or booked an refundable rate) if I there had been some ambiguity on what would count as eligible stays. I took the “yes” on Carlson Clubs facebook page at face value (and had not known about the non-honoring or the promise had bloggers not written about it).

They Big Night Giveaway points may post anyway but I would like to know in advance so I know if i should book an other stay in order to get the points (which is pointless if i would get points for the stay I already have).

Advice?

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call customer service. Send them tweets. Post on their FB page.

3. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    there was a reason why they removed that post before the T&C's came out - because previous reservations weren't going to count. i was fortunate that the rate i got was the same after the promo, so i just booked again. it's the risk you take when you take advantage of a promo like this before the terms are released.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    There should be no risk when you believe what Club Carlson tells you before the terms are released. If they don't want to give details out, they shouldn't post on Facebook and contact bloggers to spread false information. See http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyal...rlson-bad-pr-for-radisson-big-night-giveaway/

marcwint55, autolycus and mrredskin like this.
  5. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    wasn't aware that a higher-up had confirmed that info with Ric

6. Jeff the Wanderer

Jeff the Wanderer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Skyraider likes this.
  7. Skyraider

Skyraider Active Member

Status Points: