Radisson, Vancouver, B.C., Canada Int'l Airport -Master Thred

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by flyingdawg, Aug 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

A few comments on my recent one night stay at the Raddison Vancouver Int'l Airport (Richmond proper).

Excellent airport location allows for easy access to airport by car, cab or airport shuttle. Property does have pay parking, but is free to guest. Many resturants and shops within easy walking distance. Downtown Vancouver is about a 20 min. dirve to the north depending on time of day and traffic congestion along BC99. There is a gift shop and bar in the lobby which I did not visit.
    My check-in went smoothly and I was granted a top floor room as per my request. I was also upgraded to a suite on the top floor after requesting it. There was no club lounge. Upon exiting the elevator on the 11th floor there is a massage and water therpy clinic to the left. Pretty unusual sight (at least to me).
    My room was very large overlooking the airport. As I entered the room there was a small fridge and sink to the right but no microwave. My room was furnished nicely and had two a/c units which worked well without being overly loud. The 40" flat screen tv was positioned on wall in the center of the room for clear viewing from the couch or bed. Very large bathroom (although oddly configured) with two vanitys. After arriving in my room an envelope was slipped under my door. (Free voucher for the water clinic?) no but a free voucher for breafast. I suppose they simply overlooked giving it to me during the check-in process. After retruning from dinner I had a glass of gummie worms which were delivered to my room, but no turn down service. Nice touch though. Wi-fi seemed to have a good strong signal IIRC and I slept very well on the sleep number bed.
    Breakfast the following morning at the buffet was very good with a wide selection of fruits, pastrys and hot items. Service was fine. Coffee was good and the sun was shinning outside. Great combination.
    Overall a very satisfing stay:
    3 dawgs!
    uggboy and TRAVELSIG like this.
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

I have stayed here a few times- not a bad choice at all near YVR.
    uggboy and flyingdawg like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Sounds like an interesting property! Thanks for the great review and insights!:)
    flyingdawg likes this.