Radisson San Jose Airport (SJC)

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Maximizer, Jul 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    This was a pure mattress run for the big promotion ($68 all in + 5000 points), although I stayed in the room for 3 hours to get some work done in peace.

The area is shabby, I don' think there is much around, and I wouldn't go for a stroll. Their in-house restaurant has a nice outside patio, except it looks out to their own very boring driveway.

The lobby was empty and check-in was super fast. The clerk thanked me for being a member, even though I didn't have any status. When I didn't visibly reply to this, he thanked me again, very pointedly, after which I thanked him in return :) Actually this was the first time a Club Carlson front desk proactively acknowledged me as a member, with or without status. It warmed me to the hotel immediately.

I was probably given a better room, it was on the top (5th) floor with likely the best view from this hotel, which isn't anything special but much better than looking into a window of another building.

[​IMG]

As you come out of the elevator on the fifth floor, there is a sitting lounge, which looks nice enough, which chairs, tables and couches. Its color theme is way off from the rest of the hotel, it actually startled me when I walked out of the elevator.

[​IMG]

The lounge has a sink and two small locked fridges but it is unclear what those are used for. Do they hold receptions here? The lounge has windows that looks out to the pool. The windows are very dirty.

The room furniture was extremely dated and worn. The TV is an old CRT which was a bit shocking.

[​IMG]

There is no smell though, and the bed seemed comfy enough (I lay down for a minute).

What I loved about this room is that the window opens a bit, not enough to squeeze through but enough to let the breeze in. Not having to sleep with the AC is a huge plus in my book. There was very little street noise from the open window, I wouldn't have a problem sleeping with it.

The bathroom was in line with the rest of the room. There was an unfolded hand towel hanging by itself in the bathroom, it looked as if the housekeeper forgot to remove it.

[​IMG]

Their standard weekend deal is early check-in and late check-out, plus $10 credit to their restaurant, no status required. However, the cash & points rate that I booked did not specify these extras, and I didn't test whether they would give them to me.

Overall impression: a cheap, nondescript hotel, perfectly reasonable to spend a short night at. Excellent value for a Radisson mattress run.