Radisson, Research Triangle Park - Raleigh (NC) - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by flyingdawg, Apr 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    My first impression of this property was its rather odd location off the interstate. Easy access to the interstate but set back from the primary road. The check-in desk is located in the main building which also has meeting rooms and other commons areas such as a bar, restaurant, and gift shop. There are no off site restaurants within view of the hotel. From there the property is divided into six (6) seperate buildings connected by breezways where rooms are located. Outdoor pool is located directly acroos from the main entrance to the lobby.

The front desk agent was nice enough, but seemed clueless about the Gold Points Plus (now Club Carlson) program. I was given a coupon for a free drink at the bar which I assume was part of the business rate plan Radisson offers. Upon offering the coupon to me the FDA asked is I knew the owners of the property.? I was not given a room upgrade despite the property be almost empty from the looks of the parking lot and commons area. I also was not offered access to a club lounge which I presume means they don't have one.

The room was large square footage wise, but not an upgrade from what I reserved. The furnishings were a bit old an worn which is what I expected from my first sight of the exterior of the hotel. I slept well and have no real complaints about the hotel. It is a bit like a time capsule and not up to what our friends on the other side of the pond would expect from a Radisson. I would be highly surprised if this property does not change flags to a Best Western of some other lower tier brand in the near future.

Rating: 2 dawgs